- For the first time in the history of our nation, America ’s credit rating has been downgraded – twice.
- Our national debt now exceeds its yearly gross domestic product (GDP).
- The value of the dollar continues to decline, which makes prices rise on the things we need and want (i.e. inflation).
“…raise the tax rates on family income over $450,000 and individual income over $400,000 from 35 percent to 39.6 percent, the same level as under former President Bill Clinton. Also, estates would be taxed at 40 percent after the first $5 million for an individual and $10 million for a couple, up from 35 percent to 40 percent. Unemployment benefits would be extended for one year.”
- Create a faux fight over how much MORE they will take from us so they can keep over-spending.
- Keep spinning it as class warfare to give us a false ‘target’ to blame.
- Keep us fighting among ourselves as we get behind one of the political party’s ‘plans’ (so that we’re actually rooting for their solutions to take MORE from hard-working taxpayers).
- Divert our attention away from the real problem and the politicians who actually created the problem.
- Remain blind to the fact that politicians want to perpetuate the problem, not solve it.
“If Congress and President Obama do not act to avert this perfect storm of legislative changes, America will, in the media’s terms, “fall over the cliff.” Among other things, it will mean a tax increase the size of which has not been seen by Americans in 60 years.”