This is the first call for registrations for Cubaball XIII. Designed for the serious baseball fan and scholar, Cubaball offers a unique travel experience that will bring you in close contact with the Cuban baseball past and present.
• Meetings with players and league officials
• Meetings with veteran players, including Luis Zayas, the sole surviving member of the famed Havana Sugar Kings living in Cuba
• Visit to the baseball monuments in the Cristobal Colon necropolis in Havana.
• Visit to Tropical Stadium, the home of the Cuban Winter League from 1930-1946
• Tour of historic old Havana, a UNESCO World Heritage site
• Visit to the Finca Vigia, Ernest Hemingway’s estate in San Francisco de Paula
• A seminar with Sigfredo Barros, the baseball beat writer for Granma, the national newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party.
• Visit to Cruces and the grave of Martin Dihigo accompanied by Martin Jr., a former teammate of Pete Rose and Tony Perez in the Cincinnati Reds organization
Founder and “Jefe” of Cubaball Tours